Think of THE song that most inspires you to write, whether it gives you an idea for a story, script or just puts you into a better frame of mind AND/OR peek into the lyrics and find a verse that sums up the theme of whatever project it is you’re working on. If possible, post a video of the song to convey to readers the full context of the song and the mood it puts you into. Finally, send the assignment to five other writers to do as well.
Well Yaake as I have been inspirationally tagged on this one by you- here it goes but with a clear declaration that I am not gonna send this assignment to five other writers.
I am always tuned into music even while at work. Music keeps me going and an integral part of me. I have an amazing music collection that comprises of rare hindi black and white classics of 40s to the silky soothing voice of Jagjit Singh ji (he is an idol…..) to the lovely crooning of AR Rehman.
The first paragraph surely indicated I am a hindi music buff but strangely its an english number that inspires me. Its –I am Alive by Celine Dion. This song inspires me to smile and tap my feet at the same time when I am feeling low and fizzed out! And that happens a lot with me. The video (Stuart Little 2 OST) is cute too but its solely the lyrics and crooning of Celine that gives me an assurance I am alive and ready to kickass. I have earlier dedicated a full length post to this song and its effects on me.
The lyrics are too good and define a moment in life where we all feel-where are we going? Where is our life leading us? Questions are left unanswered and the worst life time situation comes and stands face to face-where its doesn’t matter any longer whether someone understands us or not-it is when we don’t understand ourselves.
There is another one which inspires me by its sheer poetry and beautiful rendition of depiction of carelessly chosen words and situation. Its from my favorite singer Sarakti Jaye hai rukh se naqaab ahista ahista by Jagjit Singh ji.
The ghazal lingers on and on and on and on. I don’t feel like coming out of it. The lyrics are beautiful poetry….its sheer beauty..the wordings are carelessly manoeuvred by him and very carefully woven around. This song inspires me to put beauty on paper. I love it and listen to it daily.
Well there are many more songs which are part of my daily musical dietary supplement. Heres a quickie excerpt from the Most Played list in the iPOD. (although the tag doesn’t requires me to mention it but with sincere apologies I am taking full liberties….) 😀 sorrry Macha!!!
- I am alive (obvious)
- Sarakti jaye hai rukh se naqaab (obvious)
- Badi Nazuk hai ye manzil (Joggers Park)
- Jaag Ke kaati saari raina (Lila soundtrack) (if you wanna hear a semi classical song of the current era-this is the BESTEST- if there’s a word like that??????)
- Aye dil mujhe bata de (Bhai Bhai-50s song) (beautiful song………lovely video)
- Phoolon ke rang se dil ki kalam se (Dev Anand’s classic) (I love the poetry)
- Gurus of Peace (AR Rehman and Late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan-song on international integration) (Infact all the songs from His revival Vande Matram album- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPpSgRqtRc ) I love the flag hoisting in the end….I feel swollen with pride.
- I just wanna spend my life with you (Neal ‘n’ Nikki OST..if life would have allowed I’d have proposed my life partner singing this song and playing slideshow of our pictures in the background and LOTTSS Of CANDLESSS -I am a hopeless romantic..)
- Sau Dard hai (Jaanemann- Sonu Nigam’s awesome rendition of love ballad-listen the nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii bit whoooaaaa and how can I forget the chorus????)
- Kya Mujhe pyar hai (yeah still!!)
- Teri Yaadein (SAB TV Love Story OST- what a romantic number from a hindi TV serial -one word-MUST LISTEN-if you need to wooo your gf-get hang of your guitar chords and sing this number)
- Javeda Zindagi (OST Anwar-this a serene song, though slightly long but I love the poetry)
- SAAWARIYA title track (man I am a devotee of this song….the lyrics are few but the whole musical arrangement takes me by awe……listen to it once just to weigh the power of this song-a classical song-I have written a lot about this song on and on and here I go again!! baaahh)
- One love (a peppy semi desi number to lift my dancing spirits-trust me I dance on my workstation listening to it much to silly embarassment from ogling eyes)
- Sochon Ke Jheelon ka Shaher ho (my dream song-wish I could turn it into reality………….I want a city and a house like this PUHLEAAASSSSEEEE pray for me please please fruity please ;-) )
- Tere Bina (Guru-wow what a song- was listening to it in the car after coming back from my own engagement and was thinking how the lyrics were gonna turn true as my fiance was flying back to Auckland one day later!!! ) humdum bin tere kya jeenaaaa HAAYEE 😦 )
There are so many more……..aah running out of space and need to go back to take rest…yep I have injured my back and shoulder…….hope everything’s alright-got a chiropractor appointment Monday morning😦