Peter Andre’s song is uber cool but this post is not about him or the song.
I was thinking about few mystery girls who disappeared in thin air without a trace. They were having a good life, great financial status, friends still they went away just like that -like an unsolved mystery – an enigma that was plastered all over by media and now ill forgotten. I hereby pay my tribute in a small manner through this post.
1. Divya Bharti – A cute baby-faced actress who ruled the tinsel town for glitzy three years 1990-1993. An actress who gave a hit like Deewana and bid farewell to the world at a tender age of 19. She secretly married producer Sajid Nadiadwala who still pays tribute to her in his movies. Media reported she fell down from her balcony from a 5 storey apartment building. I wonder why would something like that happen? Was it a tragic accident or there was someone who pushed her? I was very little when the news of her death came on DD news. I was quite shocked as I liked her a lot specially her song – Saat Samundar Paar or Kahin Mujhe Pyaar Hua to nahi hai. If she would have been alive – she would have been a great actress with plethora of awards. Not that she isn’t remembered as great actress today..but still…
2. Parveen Babi – The name reminds me of a mermaid – her figure was perfect like a mermaid, the way she dressed up and carried herself was amazing. Her eyes spoke thousand words. Jawaani Jaaneman song was a perfect example of her enchanting aura. She belonged to a royal family and was never married. She shared deep relationship with Mahesh Bhatt though who later on showcased her life although bit OTT in Woh Lamhe. She suffered from Schizophernia and lived alone in the last days of her life. She finally bid farewell to the world in 2005, police suspected no foul play. She was found with gangerine in her foot as a result of bad case if diabetes.
3. Nafisa Joseph – A super successful model with a tall slender frame. Miss India Universe. Successful and popular VJ and a girl with friends who’d die for her. A sour relationship and she took away her life. She hung herself in her house where she lived alone. I still miss her VJ-ing on MTV.
4. Kuljeet Randhawa – A super successful model and TV actress. My memories with her are of playing Prishita in Hip Hip Hurray. She was having a great career with a film in offing when her relationship with her Special Squad Co-actor Bhanu Uday tourned sour and she took away her life – hung herself in her house where she lived alone. Interestingly Nafeesa and Kulraj were great friends since their CATS (Indianized Charlie’s Angels). Kulraj was in depression since her friend’s sudden demise.
5. Madhubala – An eternal beauty – she according to me is the most beautiful woman in the history and will be in the future as well. A smile that can make you take your heart out. A girl child who suffered a heart congenital problem (hole in heart), a girl child who started supporting her family at a very young age. She suffered medical complications but continued to work without showing to the world her pain. She fell in love with the dashing Dilip Kumar but like a perfect daughter obeyed father who didn’t approved of the tragedy king. Lived her last few years in pain. Married co-acotr Kishore Kumar. When life was sharing marital bliss finally (amidst protests from both families), she bid farewell to the world with a hole in her heart leaving that smile that killing smile. I can’t forget her eternal beauty in Mughal -E- Azam or the naughty looks in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi or Half-Ticket.
6. Aarushi Talwar – Only child, affluent family of doctors, bright student, excited about birthday party – killed in night, and killed again and again after that courtesy cruel Noida Police and media. Tarnished character image, condemned soon after by her friends in a march. Still the case is not solved.
7. Princess Diana – A face so pure, a smile so elegant, a personality so soothing. A troubled marriage, a husband who was never her own and re-married to his first love of life. Massive public following, an iconic image. Dead suddenly after Mother Teresa’s demise after being chased by Paparazzi. Foul play is still a theory put forward by the skeptics.
8. South Indian Actress- I don’t know much about them, but I have generally seen South Indian actress being more prone to suicidal tendencies like Vaishnavi.
Why it happened? Why did they face a fate like this? Why god becomes so nasty at times? Why good people have young lives? Why – that is a question I need an answer for.
(Do read Wiki for their short biographies – my personal suggestion is Madhubala – I was drawn to tears after reading it)
PS- the author apologises for the harakiri commited with the name. Though I’d like to mention I did write this post in 10 minutes as I was too intrigued after reading about Madhubala…Sorry again. But the fact remains – I am deeply moved.
Sorry for not commenting on the post as I am still coping with exams – MBA is a tough job…phewwwww