Current mood is dull and sad and upset. Here are couple of inspirational songs that pep me and take all the blues away. You are more than welcome to tell me your favorites.
3. Yeh Honsla Kaise Juke,Yeh Aarzoo Kaise Ruke, Manzil Muskil to kya, Dhundla Sahil to kya,Tanha Ye Dil to Kya. (Awesome Salim Merchant, Shafqat A. Ali Khan, I got too emotional after seeing Dor wanted my mom to see but she is too weak to see it). Click here to listen, click here for video.
4. Kisiki muskuraahton pe ho nisaar, Kisika dard mil sake to le udhaar, kisike waste ho tere dil mein pyaar, Jeena Isika naam hai. (The maestro of solitude Mukesh and the simpleton Anari). Click here to listen, click here for video.
5. Uthe Sabake Kadam, Taraa Ram Pam Pam, Ajii Aise Geet Gaayaa Karo,Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam, Taraa Ram Pam Pam Hanso Aur Hansayaa Karo (Second one from Baaton Baaton mein, great music by Rajesh Roshan, this song is one to pep you up and sing-along by Lata ji and Amit Kumar). Click here to listen, click here for video.
6. Aanewala Pal Jaanewala hai, ho sake to isme Zindagi Bitaado Pal Jo Yeh Jaanewala Hai (Third one from Amol Palekar – the man who defined light hearted easy movies and one of my personal favorite actor, sung beautifully by Kishore Kumar from the laugh riot Golmaal). Click here to listen, click here for video.
7. Rooth kar Hamse Kahin jab Chale jaoge tum, ye na socha tha kabhi itne yaad aaoge tum (before you point this is not inspirational, let me reiterate this is my list and this one peps me thinking about my carefree, safe and secure childhood days with Papa and Bro. Beautiful number by Jatin – Lalit sung by Jatin. I remember one Sa Re Ga Ma Pa episode where one contestant sang this and Alka Yagnik urged the furcated brother duo to hug – I cried that time!). Click here to listen, click here for video.
9. Yeh Safar Bahut Hai Kathin magar, na udaas ho mere humsafar (1942 A Love Story, the lovely music from RD Burman and deep baritone of Shivaji Chatoopadhyay) Click here to listen, click here for video.
10. Humko Mann Ki shakti dena, mann vijay kare, doosro ki jai se pehle khud ko jai kare (Guddi, this was our school prayer and it gave me confidence all the times). Click here to listen, click here for video.
11. Jaage Hai Der Take Hamein Kuch der sone do, Thodi si Raat aur hai subah to hone do, aadhe adhure khwaab jo poore na ho sake, ek baar fir se neend mein vo khwaab bone do (Sweet voice of Chitra starts this number from AR Rahman’s Guru; the words are minimalistic with loud symphony in between but the music itself lets your spirits high) Click here to listen, click here for video.
12. Aani Jaani Hai Kahaani, Bulbule see zindagani, banti kabhi bigadtii, tez hawa se ladti bhidti, Ha Raham Farma-e-Khuda Mehfooz har qadam karna e khuda (A lesser known number from the movie Aamir by Rashid Ali) Click here to listen, click here for video.
13. Yeh Jeevan hai, Is Jeevan ka yahi hai yahi hai yahi hai rang roop, thode gham hai thodi khushiyan yahi hai yahi hai yahi hai Chhao Dhoop (Kishore Kumar’s famous number from Piya Ka Ghar) Click here to listen, click here for video.
14. Seemayen Bulaye tujhe chal rahi, seemayen pukare sipaahi, Sun’O jaanewale Laut ke aana, koi raah dekhe bhul na jaana, tum bin pal-pal rahungi mein bekal, banke virhan,sang hai tumhare mere des ke sipaahi mera mann mera tann (When I used to miss my fiance I used to listen to this song not that he is in Army but the very fact that what pain a soldier’s fiance/wife must be going through eased my pain a little bit, beautifully sung by Alka Yagnik and soothing music of LOC Kargil by Annu Malik) Click here to listen, click here for video.
15. Kitni Haseen Zindagi hai ye, hothon pe jaise kahaani hai, sada yaha kiska thikaana hai, unki ravaani mein jaana hai (One of my personal fav picks from Lucky Ali’s album Aks and even beautiful and SIMPLE Malaika who looked lovely in the video, I just sing along everytime I hear this) Click here for video.
17. When you want it the most, there’s no easy way out, when you are ready to go and your heart left in doubt, don’t give up on your faith, love comes to those who believe it and That’s The Way It Is (This song keeps pepping me up with heart rendering voice of Celine Dion – must listen for all especially those nursing a broken heart!) Click here to listen, click here for video.
18. Toota Toota ek Parinda aise toota, ke fir jud na paaya, luta luta kisne usko aise loota, ke fir udd na paaya, girta hua wo aasma se aakar gira zameen pe, khwabo mein fir bhi baadal hi the, vo kehta raha magar Allah Ke Bande Hans De Jo Bhe ho Kal Fir Aayega (Well deserving career leap for Kailash Kher and the lyrics are beautiful the metaphor is just too good) Click here to listen, click here for video.
19. Main Jahaan Rahu, main kahi bhi hu, teri yaad saath hai, Kisi se kahu ke nahi kahu, ye jo dil ki baat hai, kehne ko saath apne ek duniya chalti hai per chupke is dil mein tanhai palti hai, bus yaad saath hai, teri yaad saath hai (This gave me goosebumps when I first heard Raahat Fateh Ali Khan in this Himesh number from Namastey London. It is closest to my heart and I avoid listening to this as it hurts me too much but inspires me at the same time to continue to smile looking back at all the nice memories) Click here to listen, click here for video.
20. For what it’s worth, it was worth all the while.It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time, It’s something unpredictable but in the end it’s right. I hope you had the Time of Your Life (The prelude reminds me of the starting track of Khabar Nahi from Dostana but Ish thinks otherwise, I love the guitary feel of this b’ful short number by Green Day) Click here to listen, click here for video.