Disclaimer: As the year gets closer to form New Year’s resolution I think its time for me to write the top 5 post like last year. This time its strictly filmy duniya and in no order of hierarchy.
Before you issue any fatwa against me please note this post is strictly my endorsement (Pssst yes I was asked to look into mirror and called ugly after I commented about Priyanka’s look in Anjaana Anjaani). Tees Maar Khan is not included anywhere as I am sure I won’t be getting to see it before January next year.
Please to be not throwing any nasty brickbats – for that start your own blog. Apart from that suggestions/ perky statements are heartily invited in the comments section.
Top 5 Cliched movies of 2010
1. Pyaar Impossible – Solo hit for Uday impossible. Another movie that just about proves Priyanka Chopra is entirely a director’s muse. Without them she is pretty much a sore-eye material.
2. I hate Luv Storys – The entire movie was cliched except a few dialogues that induced laughter. Music was the saving grace. Sonam literally sleep walked through the entire movie. Who can forget the legendary war of tweets between Punit Malhotra and Shobhaa De?😛
3.Anjaana Anjaani – So you take Priyanka Chopra post this discovery of being PV Narsimha Rao’s relative. She has proved her nick name Piggy Chops right. She has actually looked like a pig with that horrible lip job. Ranbir oh Ranbir is the only eye candy. Aas Paas Hai Khuda is the only good thing about this major cliched flick.
4. Chance Pe Dance – Shahid’s biggest problem is he tries TOO HARD in his roles that it looks like a pathetic caricature instead. Terrible execution and fail script.
5. Housefull – One day I would like to understand the forced humour courtesy the laughter gas. I hope Saajid Khan gets a bit sane with his next one. Dude you cannot poke fun at other directors while you churn up the same ol’ shit to the audience. This movie shares the dias with another Akki starrer.
Khatta Meetha – As Masand said, this movie is indeed a schizophernic movie. You expect us to laugh right after the lead supporting actress is brutally murdered? And Akki we are allergic to bullshit. Sad you used Sir RK Laxman to promote this cheap flick.
Top 5 movies that are so bad that they are good
1.Veer – Oh c’mon don’t tell me you are over those Kat look alike jokes on the overweight Zarine Khan.
2.Get Educated:Paathshaala – I was actually laughing at the dialogs of this movie. What was with Ayesha’s role? I really want to probe further. Shahid was his usual CLICHE self. He tries so HARD that it sucks.
3. Aisha – Still trying to get over Sonam Kapoor’s Retweets about the ‘alleged’ box office collection. The entire movie was a larger than life fashion show. C’mon Arjun *fans her face with hand*
4.We are Family – Yes you DO NOT cast Arjun Rampal sandwiched between Kajol and Kareena – who by the portrays almost the real life role in this movie. Pbbbttt Sara and Ibrahim’s daayan.😛 it was not Kajol it was indeed the audience who died by the end of this epic failure.
5.Hissssss – I don’t exactly know the exact number of S in the title neither I know what made Irrfan Khan sign this movie. But the dialogs are legendary. I highly recommend it on a crazy crazy Saturday night with beer in tow.
Dabbaang – No you cannot give a number to this movie. Its a sheer guilty pleasure. With the B grade dialogs and Munni Badnaam Hui song ladies and gentleman we clearly have a winner here. If you have fainted by now, try sniffing some phus phus.
Top 5 surprise packages that made us proud
1. Love, Sex aur Dhokha – Dibakar Banerjee nailed it yet again. A super strong script, rocking and stellar performance by caste and hat-ke execution.
2. Peepli [Live] – The movie that talked about a lot without being too preachy. A rare dark comedy after Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron. Kudos to Anusha Rizvi. Good luck Aamir for the Oscars. I hope you bury the hatchet with Anusha.
3. Do Dooni Chaar – One of those light feel good movies that makes you reminisce about tough time your family would have faced in past. Remarkable chemistry by my favorite on-screen jodi – Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh. Duggals rock!
4.Phas Gaye Re Obama – Smart Script. These were the two words that popped into my head once I finished watching this movie. Stellar performance by Manu Rishi.
5.Udaan – This is clearly my favourite movie ever. Its hard to see such layered and real-life characters in hindi film industry. Ronit Roy makes your jaws dropped. Amit Trivedi’s legendary music and Amitabh Bhattacharya’s lyrics will leave you feeling positive. Do check the IMDB trivia. Click on the movie title or here.
Top 5 duds
1. Kites – Seriously, what was the fuss all about? Even the alleged romance between Mori and Hrithik couldn’t make this a success. Music was a big big big letdown.
2. Raavan – Why oh why? This movie was a visual treat with OTT acting by Abhishek Bachchan (later on conveniently supported by Papa Bachchan). Music received mixed response from the ARR fanatics.
3. Prince….its showtime – Yes a sequel is planned. You can kill me now. Viveik Sleazy Oberoi’s maha epic drama with not one, not two but three heroines left us crying for our money back. You saw this FDFS? Yes I am judging you right there.
4. Teen Patti – So you take Mr. Bachchan, Ben Kingsley and R.Madhavan and ruin a perfect caste. Its almost a federal offence that can lead you to punishment to watch Himes’ Radio and Kajra Re back to back.
5. Action Replayy – not even the star cast nor the interesting genre could save this Vipul Amrut Shah’s presentation from the audience who literally got Zor Ka Jhatka.
Top 5 OSTs
1. I hate luv Storys – Movie was a big cliche but the soundtrack is peppy, soothing and has songs to match all genres.
2. Aisha – Oh c’mon it gave us Gal Mitthi Mitthi bol and the haunting Lehrein and the soothing Shaam. Brilliant work by Amit Trivedi again.
3. Karthik Calling Karthik – Every guy’s wish should be to sing Jaane Ye Kya Hua to the love of his life. Uff teri Ada IS the dance floor song of 2010. Hey Ya was mushness personified and the title track haunting.
4. Udaan – Kahaani Khatam hai ya shuruwaat hone ko hai? Each and every track is a master piece. Positive lyrics and Amit Trivedi’s tunes will leave you wanting to hear it on infinite loop.
5. Guzaarish – Sau Gram Zindagi has been on loop playlist and so has O Saiba. Tera Zikr still leaves us hopelessly in love.
AND YES leaving you with…..Top 5 Dance Numbers for your New Year’s Party List
Leaving you with a poll to solicit response for best 2010 flick.
Have a spectacular 2011 folks. Enjoy the party season. Be safe!