Statutory Warning : NOT FOR GUYS. THIS IS GIRLY..TOO GIRLY..BUT IF YOU’RE SPORTY ENOUGH GO ON SEND THE LINK TO YOUR GFs and if there are some of you who are struggling at that bit (Ahem Macha) then I will pray for you…..
A lot of friends have so far asked me what to do about their skin, hair or make up and all.
So I thought of compiling all my wisdom here that I have attained over the years in this lovely post…..
Moisturizing your skin is as essential as eating food.
Choosing a correct moisturizer is the key to have good skin. Moisturizers should be opted according to the seasons. For winters – use deep skin moisturizers as skin gets really fragile in winter days.
In summers, cool soothing moisturizers like cucumber or green tea oil must be used to give skin relaxation from the harsh sun. Sunblock is very essential.
Now for the tips and tricks
1.If you’ve got a young zit on the face and you’ve a function to attend the next day, just apply toothpaste on the top of zit and sleep. Next morning it will become faded or most probably will go away.
2. If you’ve got a bad tan, make a homemade scrub. Mix chickpea flour (besan), honey, lemon juice, rose water and milk and apply to the skin. Let it become dry and hard. When it hardens, try to peel it away, you’ll actually see the tan coming out with the flour. Take cold/luke warm water bath and apply lots of moisturizer.
3. If you’re getting lots of zits/pimples then again use this homemade pack – Chickpea flour, turmeric, coriander powder (yes!!!) and rose water, lemon juice and wash it with cold water.
4. Fifteen minutes facial – Take oodles of cold creams and massage onto your face and neck for ten minutes. Dip a soft hand towel in lukewarm water and let it rest on your face. Wipe your face with the same towel and voila you’ll notice the skin looking shinier as a coin.
5.Vitamin E is like elixir for skin and hair. You can apply it directly or have it in form of a pill. I have been eating and applying Evion since two years.
6.Soframycin is an excellent skin ointment. Apply it on any wound or zit and it will surely heal.
If you have under growth of hair on the body – use body scrub…it will surely help.
I have had hair like coconut – dull, orange!!!, lifeless and rough. It has taken me atleast 5-6 years of constant care to make them look good enough.
I believe conditioning your hair is the key for healthy hair. And by conditioners – I also mean natural conditioning.
Tips and Tricks
1. If your hair has a tendency to get oily or get dandruff easily – apply sour or old yoghurt mixed with generous drops of lemon juice.
2. In winters- Sesame oil should be warmed a bit and if readily available add a capsule of Evion and mix it and apply on the scalp (this is a tried and tested trick on my mane…so I can give you my guarantee). Avoid coconut oil in winters.
3. In summers – Olive oil or Amla oil is the best.
4. Curd, henna and lemon juice are natural conditioners. Give them a chance!!!
5. If you’re going to a party and your hair is really greasy – dab a bit of talcum powder and then rub it off with a towel. The talcum will absorb all the greasiness.
Seriously do not use local brands for coloring your hair. My close friend got her hair colored using some local brand and she got bald patches and greyed hair.
I color my hair as well – my hair color is auburn (reddish brown). To have this look, I have used natural colors.
Mix henna, coffee, lemon juice with tea water. This is the best natural conditioner. The hair looks really rough after you wash the henna pack away. As soon as the hair dries – apply generous dosage of oil – my recommendation is Mustard oil as it makes the henna effect stay much much longer.
If you want conditioning combined with color effect (the auburn look that I sport) do this – In the mix above, replace half of the tea water with Beetroot juice. It will give you lovely reddish tinge.
If you want to lighten your hair color – do warm mustard oil massage. Alternatively if you want to darken it, do warm coconut oil massage.
Do not ever EVER ever use expired make up products. I once used an expired lip gloss and got bad reaction (I was being so stupid!!!)
1. Use nice base. Never put a cake of foundation on the face.
2. For base – To make the foundation look natural and stay longer – take thumb bit amount on one wet palm and then apply it in circular motion.
3. If you’ve color patched skin and to achieve stable look, apply foundation in dots all over the face and neck and never forget EARS. After that wet your fingers and then rub it all over the dots in circular motion.
4. Mascara should be avoided as much as it can be. I first curl my lashes using a curler and then apply a stroke of mascara to finish it off. Curling it helps in giving a natural shape and look. Applying only mascara to achieve the fuller look destroys the lashes.
5. After doing the lashes, apply eyeshadow. One color which I can vouch for always is shimmer gold. It goes with every outfit even silver dresses.
6. Lips are very important – I personally am not a big fan of lipliners- they make the lips look so artificial. Instead of using liners, just make the outline with the lipstick only using the other side which is pointed and then fill the lips. Use a nude lip gloss to have the diva effect.
7. Do not use color stay lipsticks as even the most reputed brands use lead in them. Lead test can be done by applying a streak of lipstick on the hand and then rubbing it. If it leaves black faint line – it contains lead.
8. To make your ordinary lipstick as color stay ones, apply a little foundation on your lips. Do your lips as point 6 and then press a tissue inside the lips and let the excess lip color go away (tissue trick is really old and am sure you all follow it)
9.TO look a bit shimmery , apply the same color eye shadow under your kaajal line and then apply Kaajal or kohl.
10. If its a heavy party event like – a wedding or a ball, apply loose powder or pink blush all over the face and not forgetting the nose.
Dab your signature perfume on the neck sides (under the ears) and dab some on the wrist’s inner side just ahead of your watch line. And then run both the wrist’s together to enhance the effect.
And never forget to remove make up. If you don’t have a make up remover, use cold cream or moisturizer instead. But do make sure you remove it.
Next morning – take my guarantee your skin will be glowing and looking fairer.
You’re ready to shine and steal glances!!! And don’t forget to flash that 1000 watt smile….